II. Fulfilling The Present 5:8b-16
A. Advancing (8b-10) “Walk as children of light”
1. Patterning (to imitate) He is the LIGHT! Pattern lives after Him.
2. Possessing – Fruit of the Spirit Gal. 5:22-23
3. Proving – not everything is acceptable before the Lord.
We advance by becoming the child of God we should be personally. I work on me not my wife to make our home what it should be.
B. Avoiding (11-15) – “unfruitful works of darkness”
1. Reprove – must teach children by example that sin is sin and it is wrong…. All the time.
2. Revive – Stop sleeping Christians!
3. Regard – When we awake, the promise is God will give us wisdom (ever notice that some folks understand the Bible?). When you learn, obey.
C. Acquiring (16) – God gives us 24 hours a day. Not good to waste them.
1. Carefully – spouse sees how we spend our time, God sees.
2. Consistently -
3. Courageously – Carefully, consistently and courageously living each day, regarding what God wants for my life, not living by what my friends or associates think. Courage not the absense of fear, but the focusing of fear for the right reason.